Monday, April 28, 2008

Leaving Las Vegas

I got back from our visit last night. We hadn't seen each other in 5 months. To say that it was wonderful is the understatement of the century.

One of the common themes of our face to face meetings is that we always have new revelations. We knew that we had a lot of parallel insecurities/paranoias/baggage, but we could have created the world's biggest flow chart after our discussions over the past three days. It is truly amazing. We will blog about it later. I am still spinning.

I miss my mother...god, I miss her sooooooo much.

Leaving always sucks, but there is a difference this time. This time, even though the rawness of missing her is awful just like it always is, I genuinely feel warm, fuzzy, and loved on the inside.

I don't think I have to wonder anymore what it feels like to have a mother that really loves you.

I really, really hope it lasts.

2 comments:

Carol said...

that's so sweet and awesome, and I'm very glad that you have a good 'thing' to hang on to. I'm very happy for you and your mother! I cried when I read it; good tears, good tears :)

Unknown said...

We were thinking of you both this weekend.