Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Its Hard To Write When You Are Crying

I signed on today to talk about how hard it was to read about the latest mom-bomb and know how badly the fuzzy duck was hurt by the casually cold manipulative comments. What do I find there but her latest post. This was a major mascera violation for me. Yes that is/was my no cry rule. NEVER be caught with tear smudged mascera. It is a rule that has served me well over the years. Fuck rules. I can't even describe what it feels like to know I have made a difference in such an important part of her life. She has told me but seeing it here in writing just hit me like you can't believe. I guess a lot of you mothers-like-me understand. These are the happiest tears I can ever imagine.

School has been an important part of our three years together. She was accepted at a top notch school right after she first talked to my sister and about the time I came to my senses and said I would call her. It all came together. The Fuzzy Duck is very smart and incredibly talented. Now she knows it. She never really believed it before. I can't take credit for the musical talent, I have zero but at least I love music. She needed to do this for herself. This last semester has been different, she hasn't told me once that she she was going to fail her mid-term (definition: anything less than an A). The piece of paper isn't important. The Fuzzy Duck knowing she can do it everything. Not only can she do it. She has done it while being a wife and a mother and going through all the trauma and drama of a reunion. Now that is an accomplishment. I am so proud of her. She has given me something wonderful, the right to say I am proud of her. She is my daughter. I would love her as much if she had never gone back to school but bragging rights are just such fun. We will see each other in 2 weeks. I can't wait. We even get a bonus visit before graduation thanks to my business trip and her supportive husband. Freija (her feline sister) is helping me write this by walking on the keyboard. She would also like to point out that she has contrbuted by offering many rodent and bird sacrifices for her success on exams. Freija is also proud of her but maybe not as much as I am.

1 comment:

Amyadoptee said...

One of these days I want to talk with you. Your daughter has been a great tower of support and strength for me. She has given me hope when I didn't think that there was any more hope to have. Some days I don't have hope.