Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Almost Done

So I picked up my cap and gown today. They're hanging on my bedroom door.

My aparents always wanted me to graduate from college. So did the Fuzzy Rat Mother.

It looks like it's finally going to happen.

So...here's a toast to my aparents for raising me up right and giving me a firm foundation.

And...here's a toast to the Fuzzy Rat Mother, without whom this day never would have happened. She has been my rock over these past three years. She is the one who never failed to call me or email me when I had a monster exam or terrifying audition coming up. She is the one who could manage to make me laugh even when I was sure I was going to flunk out of school and that everyone hated me. She doesn't know this, but she is THE reason I made it.

That one day that she decided to pick up the phone and talk to me and give our relationship a go...it made all the difference in the world. For the first time in my life, I really felt validated. I needed her with me through this journey, and she was there.

So, my dearest Fuzzy Rat Mother, today I give you the world's biggest hug and say THANK YOU.

3 comments:

zxczxcasdasd said...

Congratulations on your graduation!! I *think* I recognize your story and know from where and for what you are graduating, so let me say IMPRESSIVE!! Well done!!!!

And I'm happy the Fuzzy Rat (love the pic) can share it with you. :)

Mara said...

Thank you so much!! And yes, I think I have seen your screen name out in forum land...it's pretty distinctive and I like it! Aren't you a musician too?

I have mixed emotions about graduating. I'm so excited to be done...yet I don't want to be done. Maybe I'll go ahead and finish off that PhD when I'm 75...I dunno.

zxczxcasdasd said...

lol...the screenname is from having no clue what to use as a screen name. It's the the first 3 letters from the left on the bottom and middle rows of the keyboard. Lame.

Yes, I am also a musician, but no where near as prestigious a school as yours for my degree! Woohoo for you!!

I'll probably also finish my DMA or DCM somewhere around 75 as well, so we can congratulate each other then. ;)